If you have any comments or questions about this notice, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Data We Process
The following information explains the data we collect and process under current data protection legislation.
Enquiries – We retain your name, email and message so we can assist you with your enquiry.
Email Subscription – Subscription is active consent for your name and email to be filed.
Web – Activity is monitored through cookies.It is necessary for us to store a small amount of information, usually through cookies, to deliver functionality that you would expect, such as remembering the contents of your order before you have fully completed the process.
How We Use Your Data
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate considering the basis on which that data was collected, as set out above, in the “Data We Process” at the top of this policy.
For example, we may use your personal information to:
- Respond to enquiries you send to us;
- Handle donations or other transactions that you initiate;
- Where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
Data We Share
We will only pass your data to third parties in the following circumstances:
- You have provided your explicit consent for us to pass data to a named third party;
- We are using a third party purely for the purposes of processing data on our behalf and we have in place a data processing agreement with that third party that fulfils our legal obligations in relation to the use of third-party data processors; or
- We are required by law to share your data.
In addition, we will only pass data to third parties outside of the EU where appropriate safeguards are in place as defined by Article 46 of the General Data Protection Regulation.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We have internal policies in place to ensure that we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose and delete that data promptly once it is no longer required.
Where data is collected on the basis of consent, we will seek renewal of consent at least every three years.
Your Data, Your Rights
You have a range of rights over your data, which include the following:
- Where data processing is based on consent, you may revoke this consent at any time and we will make it as easy as possible for you to do this (for example by putting ‘unsubscribe’ links at the bottom of all our marketing emails).
- You have the right to ask for correction and/or deletion of your information.
- You have the right of access to your information.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner if you feel your rights have been infringed.
A full summary of your legal rights over your data can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website here: https://ico.org.uk/
If you would like to access the rights listed above, or any other legal rights you have over your data under current legislation, please do get in touch with us.
Please note that relying on some of these rights, such as the right to deleting your data, will make it impossible for us to continue to deliver some services to you. However, where possible we will always try to allow the maximum access to your rights while continuing to deliver as many services to you as possible.
Cookies and Usage
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are used by many websites and can do a multiple tasks, e.g. remembering your preferences, recording what you have put in your shopping basket, and counting the number of people looking at a website.